Date(s) - 06/09/17
4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Millom Network Centre
We are running an enrolment and information evening to provide information, advice and guidance in the following areas:
- Creative and Flexible Support Partnership
- Cumbria Community Learning and Skills
- Choices Cumbria
- MNC IT Drop in
Cumbria Community Learning and Skills
This provides adult education for individuals 19 years and over.
- Preparation for GCSE Maths (starts 5/09/17 )
- GCSE Maths 30 weeks (starts 19/09/17)
- Preparation for Functional Skills (starts 26/09/17)
- Functional Maths (17/10/17)
- Communication in the workplace 15 hrs over 3 day
- Exploring Self Employment 15 hrs over 3 day
- Certificate in Customer Services
- Support with CV writing/ writing applications/ letters of application ( 2/3hrs x 5/6 weeks) max 12 hrs for those searching for work or voluntary positions in the community.
- Support with use of online communications Emails/online applications/social media awareness/safety awareness of internet use (short 5 week courses though out the year )
- One to One support with maths skills for use with individual and family budgeting / movement towards functional skills maths or if needing extra support for Functional maths
- Health and Safety awareness in the workplace 8 week course of 2 hours a week to gain an awareness of H+S law, Risk assessment, COSHH, lifting and handling. A path way to accredited H+S courses.
- One to one support with English skills writing letters, emails with focus where needed on content/format/punctuation/spelling/ grammar one one hourly session for a max of 5 weeks – a pathway to Functional English
- One to One support with moving towards employment – CVs / letters of application/ interview skills/ movement towards Functional English
Creative and Flexible Support Partnership
A 12 week support programme for individuals seeking work via the DWP. Self-referral is possible via the Centre.
This provides 1 to 1 help with barriers to making positive changes to your life and to enable you to move towards employment, education, training and job applications.
More details here.
IT Drop In
This provides informal One to One support with CVs/ Emails/letters of application. It runs from 10.30am to 12pm on a first come, first served basis.