Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: unrecognized character after (?< at offset 10 in /web1/user51932/website/wp-includes/class-wp-block-parser.php on line 418
At our Work and Skills Centre we are currently providing training on behalf of the Department of Work and Pensions.
Participants join us for 12 weeks either via referral from their job coach or self-referral.
An induction will determine progression routes that can include:
- Safe use of tools.
- Basic woodworking.
- Painting and decorating.
- Simple horticulture and grounds maintenance.
- Health and Safety in the Workplace.
- Electricity: use in the workplace.
- Simple plumbing aimed for general employees and basic maintenance.
- Communication in the Workplace.
- Help with job search.
- Updating CVs.
- Effective use of social media.
- Making more effective job applications.
- Meeting other participants to build confidence in working with colleagues.
- Cycle maintenance for mobility to work and building fitness.
The sessions run from Monday to Thursday and are relatively informal with an emphasis on creating a positive and supportive working environment.
For a chat to see if the scheme might be able to help you contact us via the website or call 01229 666025 or 01229 719650.